At SKH Dentistry, located in Kitchener, ON, our operatories are outfitted with the latest in dental equipment.
A soothing colour palette and plush treatment chairs combine to create a focus on patient comfort.
The atmosphere is further complemented by modern dental handpieces, curing lights for white fillings, digital x-rays and intra-oral cameras which allow us to provide optimal treatment for our clients.
Technology has had an amazing impact on our ability to provide treatment to our clients in a comfortable, sterile manner.
Our desire is to use all of our available resources to educate patients and to contribute to their decision making process regarding treatment alternatives:
- Computer monitors are installed in every operatory to facilitate viewing of digital x-rays and intra-oral photographs.
- Digital x-rays provide a superior image of the teeth with up to 90% less radiation to the patient.
- Computer software technology empowers us to enlarge or change the contrast of x-rays to enhance accuracy in reading x-rays and associated diagnoses.
- Intra-oral photographs are valuable for diagnosis as we are able to magnify our view of oral conditions on the computer monitor.
- By utilizing the most modern technology in endodontic(root canal) treatment system, we are able to complete endodontic treatment most often in one appointment with comfort and increased predictability.
Infection prevention and control is an important part of safe patient care.
- Whenever possible, disposable products are used in procedures.
- Our operatories are designed with Corian countertops and sinks which can be optimally disinfected between treatments.
- Handpieces are sterilized in a Statim sterilizer and water lines are flushed between patients to prevent cross-contamination.
We have two sterilization bays. These use hospital grade autoclaves to provide effective sterilization of our equipment. Sterilization equipment is tested regularly to ensure sterilization is complete.